UK fitness brand, Core Balance, welcomed their weighted hula hoop back into stock this week. The product previously sold out in record time after hula hooping became the latest fitness craze to sweep across social media. Its return is perfectly timed as people prepare to lose their lockdown fat and get fit for the start of summer.
Speaking about the return of the hula hoop, Core Balance director Josh Piercy said: “We’re delighted to have our weighted hula hoops back in stock. They’ve easily been our most popular product during the pandemic”.
Since the pandemic started, hula hooping has grown into one of the biggest fitness trends, with videos clocking up millions of views on TikTok, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
Its appeal stems from the fact it’s affordable, easy, and fun to do. Plus, you can hula hoop at home, rather than outside where prying eyes can see you. This makes it extremely popular with anyone who is conscious about their shape or new to exercising. Hula hooping is also an excellent way to burn calories, tone your stomach, and strengthen your core.
“There’s no doubt in my mind that social media has played a huge role in its [hula hooping’s] popularity”, Josh explains. “Social media influencers, like Rachel [Hula Dancercise], have shown people that fitness can be fun, and we’ve all needed a bit of that over the last year, haven’t we? We’re delighted to have her on board as a brand ambassador.”
In videos posted to TikTok, Instagram, and other social media platforms, Rachel combines hula hooping with dance to create one of the most exciting forms of exercise you’ll ever feast your eyes on. Her Hula Dancercise videos have to be seen to be believed. One of the most popular videos features her hula hooping whilst dancing to the popular Piu Piu song. It has clocked up 4.1 million views on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
According to Statista, the marketing and consumer data website, dance was the second most popular content category on TikTok in 2020 with 150.3 billion hashtag views. Fitness and sports were the fourth most popular content category with 43.3 billion views.
Instagram has also proved a popular platform during the pandemic with health and fitness accounting for a massive 35% of user interest.
Core Balance Weighted Hula Hoop – Key Features
- Retailing at £24.99 with FREE UK delivery on the Core Balance website or Amazon website.
- Choose from a smooth hoop or wavy hoop in a range of contemporary colours.
- Wavy hoop provides superior grip when spinning and helps to strengthen your core.
- Smooth hoop is more comfortable to use and less likely to lead to lead to bruising.
- 1kg weight makes it perfect for beginners and advanced users alike.
- Foam padded for enhanced grip, making it easier to maintain your momentum.
- NBR foam is non-absorbent, resistant to bacteria, and can be easily wiped clean.
- Comes in 8 click-together sections to easily assemble and disassemble.
- Allows you to easily adjust the diameter of the hoop: 75cm, 87cm, or 98cm.
- Can be popped in your bag when disassembled to workout wherever you go.
Core Balance is a fast-growing fitness equipment brand delivering the latest products – at an exceptional price – to homes and businesses throughout the UK.