Today, infertility problem has become very common these days. Out of every 8 couples, 1 is facing the issue of infertility. There are a number of factors that have contributed to infertility problems. But, still, there are some cases where infertility issues are unexplained. Needless to say, not able to conceive a baby is something very depressing and frustrating. Therefore, couples seek medical assistance when they don’t get any result even after 1 year of trying to conceive. There’s availability of different Fertility Clinic Bangalore that offers assisted reproductive technology (ART). These ARTs are fertility treatment or medications that are given by the fertility experts to help you to conceive.
These days, medical science has helped many couples in conceiving through different Fertility Clinic Bangalore. One of such treatments is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) which is also referred to as test tube baby. In this process, male’s sperm and egg are fertilized outside the womb in a lab in a test tube. Because of this reason, it is also known as test tube baby procedure. Among all the other treatment procedures, IVF has a greater success rate. But, the success rate of the test tube baby fertility process is dependent on a wide number of factors.
Let’s have a look at the success rate factors. But, before this, have a look at the percentage of success rate in women of different age:
Success rate under 35
It has been researched that women who are under 35 have higher chances of conception with IVF treatment. During this period, they are considered more fertile. Let’s have a look at some of the main points of success rate under 35 years:
- If the female partner is under 35 and has never conceived then there are 30 to 32 percent of chances of conception through test tube baby fertility process.
- If age is under 35 and has conceived before then there will more chances around 37 percent.
In overall, it has been calculated that women who are under 35 have around 52 percent chance through just one cycle of IVF.
Success rate under 40
Earlier, it was very difficult to conceive in the late 40s. Today, technological advancement and assisted reproductive technology have enabled the women to conceive even in their 40s’s. If you are under 40 and want to undergo just one cycle of IVF cycle then the chances are of only 8 percent. This percentage of success rates decreases with the increase in the age of women.
Factors deciding the success of the test tube baby or IVF procedure
There are a number of factors on which success rate of test tube baby procedure is dependent. Let’s get an insight into these factors:
- Age factor: As discussed above, age is the foremost factor on which the success rate of IVF is dependent. Needless to say, if the women are young and fall under the category of 35 years then there are good chances of attaining pregnancy. This success rate decrease with the increase in women’s age. The main reason behind the age factor is that both quality and quantity of eggs get decreased with age.
- History of previous pregnancy: Another factor that can increase or decrease the chance of pregnancy through IVF is the previous history. If the woman has conceived earlier then there are good chances for conception through IVF. But, recurrent miscarriage reduces the success rate to a great extent.
- Donor eggs: There are times when the woman’s eggs are of not good quality or of low quantity. In such condition, donor eggs are used for the IVF process. If the eggs are from a younger donor then there will more chance of success of the IVF procedure.
- Fertility clinic: There are times when the success rate of test tube baby procedure. Right from the doctor to embryologist’s experience, all these factors will also decide the success rate of the treatment. So, it is always advised to the patients to carefully choose the fertility clinics after checking out its success rate and reviews from previous patients.
- Different type of fertility problem: Your fertility problem will also decide the success rate of fertility treatment. Some of the fertility issues to which IVF is responsive are blocked the fallopian tube, ovulation problem, low sperm count and endometriosis. There are some other issues in which IVF is not so responsive. If both the male and female partner is having a fertility problem then there will be fewer chances of success. Some other cases in which this treatment is less responsive include ovarian dysfunction, fibroid tumor, and uterine abnormalities.
- Lifestyle and everyday habits: In both men and women, smoking is considered highly impacting during the treatment of the IVF process. Alcohol consumption is also prohibited when you are undergoing any kind of fertility treatment. Therefore, it is better to quit these habits a few months before the starting of the test tube baby fertility treatment. Apart from this, overweight and underweight can also impact the success rate of this fertility issue.